IT QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Testing & Quality Assurance Lead
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shadrick Phillips|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems or information technology quality assurance.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems or information technology quality assurance may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming language may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Prior experience in the following: planning, executing and certifying test results, as well as; conducting Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) of IT solutions and presenting production release meetings.
2. Understanding State Based Marketplace (SBM) functions, qualified health insurance plans, federal tax credits, cost-sharing subsidies, carrier transactions and Medicaid policy.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications of this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. The online application process is STRONGLY preferred, if the online process is not available to you, you may complete and submit a completed paper application to:
Shadrick Phillips, Office of Human Resources
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange, 750 East Pratt St.,16th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay at 1-800-735-2258
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.