IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST MANAGER
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||9/13/2017 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Solomon|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a Management Service position. The incumbent will serve at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Comptroller of Maryland's Information Technology Division is looking for an individual with initiative, autonomy, and leadership ability to manage our server engineering team. As leader of this team of talented technical staff you are responsible for:
- Optimizing both process and delivery around our Service offerings
- Drafting the technical architectural roadmap
- Maintaining high standards in innovative technology and focus on transformation
- Analyzing and translating business and platform/application needs
This position brings you to the forefront of leadership and driving overall business value by encouraging you to recommend solutions and designs that leverage ITD best practices and standards, while also identifying ways to improve existing enterprise assets and business applications.
PLEASE NOTE: ITD is responsible for the 24x7x365 support for ADC mainframe, distributed systems, and networks. All ITD employees are available for on-call support. As such, this position is required to occasionally work an off-hour schedule, weekdays prior to 7:30 a.m. and / or after 5:00 p.m., weekends, and holidays.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include course work in operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
- Two years' experience in a technical leadership role.
- Three years' experience in a windows server environment.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years' experience IT Strategist, Enterprise Architect and SDLC experience.
- Five years' experience with Microsoft Hyper-V.
- An appetite for building distributed systems.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent projects.
- Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
- Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.