CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH (CAMH) ASSOCIATE I
|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||5/30/2017 2:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.97 - $16.56/hour|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
605 South Chapel Gate Lane
Baltimore, MD 21229
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to function at an entry level of work providing counseling or other therapeutic mental health services to seriously mentally ill adolescents in the residential and day treatment settings that is family driven and youth guided.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 12 credit hours in mental health, health, human services, education, or related behavioral sciences including six credit hours in psychology, counseling, addictions or mental health. A copy of your transcript must be attached to your application.
Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology classifications or Mental, Addictions or Behavioral Health Counseling and Psychology specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties in a swimming program. Employees assigned such duties may be required to obtain certification in Life Saving and Water Safety.
1. Persons appointed to positions in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program and examination approved by the hiring facility prior to a permanent appointment.
2. Applicants are subject to a background investigation by the Maryland State Police before a permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant by the hiring agency.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|