THERAPEUTIC RECREATOR II (RP6)
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
Spring Grove Hospital Center is the largest psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, with 377 beds. We are located in Catonsville, previously named by Money Magazine as one the best places to live! Convenient to DC, Baltimore and BWI airport, our 180-acre wooded campus feels more like a college setting. Our mission is to provide quality mental health services to patients from across the State.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive health benefits package, 11 paid holidays and 6 personal days annually, pension and retirement savings plans, training opportunities, free onsite parking and much more!
Spring Grove Hospital Center does not discriminate on the basis of immigration status, citizenship status, or national origin.
Join our team and be a part of the change!
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH/Spring Grove Hospital Center, Rehabilitation Services Unit, Catonsville, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to design, plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive therapeutic recreation program in order to promote the physical, cognitive, mental, emotional and social behavioral growth of the mentally ill patients of Spring Grove Hospital Center(SGHC). This position will act as the liaison Therapist for Rehabilitation Services for an assigned area. This position will receive general supervision from a Therapeutic Recreator Supervisor and does not supervise. This position is considered Emergency Essential and is required to have and maintain a valid Maryland Driver's License and be able to drive a state vehicle in accordance to the State of Maryland Policies and Procedures for drivers of state vehicles.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation with a major in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience performing therapeutic recreation work in the treatment of mentally ill, aged, physically ill, or physically disabled patients or developmentally disabled clients.
1. Current certification as a Therapeutic Recreator from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification may be substituted for the education requirements. ***Please be sure to submit a copy of your current certification with your completed application.***
2. Experience as a professional Therapeutic Recreator, under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, licensed Physical Therapist or certified Activity Therapist, which included the responsibility for clients’ assessments and the planning, implementation and evaluation of clients’ recreation therapy treatment in a mental health or developmental disability setting may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis. Experience assisting in these responsibilities will not be accepted as qualifying experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vehicles which require a specific motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training and maintain current certification.
4. Employees in positions at facilities with a swimming pool may be required to obtain Red Cross instruction and certification in Life Saving and Water Safety prior to permanent appointment.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and/or experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however, the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|