REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR PSYCHIATRIC
|Department||MDH Eastern Shore Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||3/13/2017 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23.92 - $38.39/hour (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Eastern Shore Hospital Center
5262 Woods Road
Cambridge, MD 21613
Main Purpose of Job
A Registered Nurse Supervisor Psychiatric is the supervisory level of work in the provision of direct nursing care in a State facility for a ward, cottage or unit on a twenty-four hour basis or for several wards or cottages during one shift. Employees in this class are primarily responsible for psychiatric nursing care. Employees in this class supervise lower-level Registered Nurses and other assigned licensed and non-licensed nursing care staff. Employees receive general supervision from a Registered Nurse Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing. Employees may be assigned to day, evening, night or rotating shifts which may include holidays and weekends. Employees may be subject to call-in and overtime based on staffing needs. The work is usually performed in a residential or inpatient treatment facility providing twenty-four hour care. Employees are required to observe infection control precautions in order to prevent contamination and spread of disease. The work may require the lifting and positioning of nonambulatory patients and the lifting of wheelchairs and other heavy duty equipment. The work may require long periods of standing, walking, bending and reaching.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a registered nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the option for which application is made.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license must be attached to your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.