DENTAL ASSISTANT II
|Department||DHMH Local Health - Worcester County|
|Date Opened||4/17/2017 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/1/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH/Worcester County Health Department, Dental Center, Berlin, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to serve pediatric dental patients under moderate supervision. This position will assist the hygienist and the doctor in providing dental services to pediatric and/or pregnant patients of the Worcester County Dental Center. This position will also support the daily functioning of the public health dental clinic.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience assisting a dentist in the performance of dental care.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience as a dental assistant for the required education on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates listed as a dental assistant qualified in general duties on the roster of the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners will meet the experience requirements.
3. Candidates may substitute a completed dental assistant training program for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Dental assistant classifications or Dental Assistant or Specialist specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must be listed as a dental assistant qualified to place and expose x-rays and be able to provide a copy of a registration card upon application on the roster of the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training and maintain a current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and/or experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however, the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.