COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDH Local Health - Anne Arundel County|
|Date Opened||10/30/2017 11:03:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $64,902.00 with potential growth to $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Leticia Daniels|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Anne Arundel County Health Department, Glen Burnie, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Under the direction of the Anne Arundel County Department of Health (AACDOH) Bureau of Family Health Services Deputy Director, the position of Community Health Nurse Program Supervisor focuses on the planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the Maternal and Child Health Program to include Healthy Start Program and Surveillance Quality Improvement (Child Fatality Review and Fetal Infant Mortality Review). Major responsibilities include staff supervision, exploring and implementing public health initiatives to meet the needs of the community, budgeting and grant preparation.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse plus one year of additional experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a registered nurse. Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience as a registered nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute three years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for the two years experience as a Community Health Nurse.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate with strong maternal and child health experience including clinical and community health based. Candidate with experience with Child Fatality Review and Fetal Infant Mortality Review. Candidate with experience with evidence based home visiting programs or curriculum.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. **Please attached your current licensure to your application.**
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.