COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
HEALTH SERVICES PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDH Local Health - St. Mary's County|
|Date Opened||10/30/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
St. Mary's County Health Department
Public Health Preparedness and Response Unit
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to direct and/or coordinate sexually transmitted infection (STI) initiatives. This position will also continually seek grant opportunities to grow agency services in the areas of family planning, reproductive health, and immunizations. Some areas of responsibility for this position might be continuous provider feedback and/or education, community outreach, and school-based health initiatives in local public and private schools. This position will have regular and recurring interactions with providers and will be responsible for the outreach and/or awareness initiatives as related, but not limited to STIs and family planning.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Community Health Nurse plus one year of additional experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute three years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for the two years experience as a Community Health Nurse.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate for this position should possess the following:
experience working with providers for outreach and/or awareness initiatives related to, but not limited to: sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and family planning
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. ***A copy of your current licensure should accompany your completed application.***
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.