DEPUTY STATE FIRE MARSHAL II Explosives
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||11/7/2017 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/2/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,649.00 - $82,090.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Pamela Harvey|
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the position is the enforcement of State laws in the field of fire investigation, explosive investigation, fire inspections and explosive inspections in order to preserve life and protect property from fire, explosion and other emergency conditions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience inspecting and disposing of explosive materials and devices and investigating the origins and causes of explosions.
Notes: 1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Explosive Ordinance Disposal classifications or Disposal Explosive Ordinance specialty codes in the explosives field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in explosive investigations within the National Capital Region.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Candidates for positions in this classification must possess police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission at the time of application.
1. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission for a police officer in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 6-303 or be eligible for comparative compliance training, approved by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards for police officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis, as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
3. Employees in this classification are assigned duties in a given service area.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online application is strongly preferred. If the online application process is not available you may submit a paper application (no resumes) by the closing date to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Pamela Harvey at email@example.com.
TTY users call Maryland Relay Service, 800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|