CORRECTIONAL DIETARY REGIONAL MANAGER Dietetic
|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||3/10/2017 10:43:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kristina Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This recruitment will be used to fill future vacancies. Therefore, we encourage you to apply at this time. Please select all of the locations in which you will accept employment.
Eastern Correctional Institution (ECI): 30420 Revells Neck Road, Westover, MD 21890
Main Purpose of Job
Industrial Food Service Management:
This position is responsible for management of all food service activities within the assigned institution/s in order to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures, established local, state and federal regulations.
Duties involved in carrying this mission, but not limited to:
- Purchasing and storage of food, supplies and dietary equipment
- Develops, implements and supervises production activities, operation, delivery and compliance of regular, medical and religious diet menus
- Monitors sanitation practices, proper and safe storage of food
- Practices sound good cost accounting and food inventory within budgetary restraints
- Provides adequate staffing coverage to meet the department's goals and practices
- Assists in reviewing Food Service Policy and Procedural Manual
Clinical and Nutritional Care Practices:
This position includes clinical responsibilities, but limited to:
- Menu planning for regular, medical and religious diets and nutritional analysis
- Addresses dietary consults as requested by clinicians for various medical conditions and food-related interventions
- Assists in reviewing Medical Diet Manual
- Makes recommendations regarding current and updated clinical knowledge and practices
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
Experience: Four years of supervisory experience in a large-scale food service operation in an institutional, commercial, industrial or similar organization.
Notes: 1. A master's degree in food service management, dietetics, nutrition, home economics, business administration, public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the Experience requirement.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet this license requirement in order to be considered for this position. In order to meet this requirement a copy of your Maryland State license must be submitted with your application before the closing date.
Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Nutritionist or Dietitian from the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the required selection standards and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a correctional officer during their probationary period, (Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209). Selection standards for correctional officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
All persons who meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: K. Metzger
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309 Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.