Correctional Officer Cadet
|Department||DPSCS-MD Reception Diagnostic & Classification Ctr|
|Date Opened||9/29/2017 7:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/29/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,502.00 - $39,574.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christine Walls|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Processes and assorts various pieces of mail coming into and leaving out of an institution or facility.
- Assists with the Recruiters, recruiting for personnel for DPSCS employment.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages, responds to inquiries and redirects callers to proper person.
- Assists with fleet issues; scheduling maintenance, completion of various required state and agency forms and processes for vehicles assigned to an institution.
- Assists with Property Management issues, including the completion of State and agency forms, tracking inventory and other state or agency property mandates.
- Reads, comprehends and acts on information contained in various forms of written documents. Completes forms, procedural reports and other documents concisely, legibly and accurately.
- Uses a computer to complete written reports and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist with the delivery and distribution of supplies, materials or equipment that is used in a correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designee provided that at no time cadets perform duties of a custodial nature.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Md. State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
2. Must be between the age of 18 and 20
3. A completed background investigation
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services at 410-585-3060
Please apply on-line for this recruitment. If you are unable to apply online, you may send a completed application to:
DPSCS - Recruitment Examination and Retention Unit
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|