ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II [C01022]
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||3/8/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.64 - $24.03/per hour (Grade 14/base-step 9)|
|HR Analyst||Drew Holcombe|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland Benefits.
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a national leader in community development and affordable housing. The Division of Neighborhood Revitalization seeks a positive individual experienced with community development, financial management and loan or grant administration.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, Maryland 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development is located in Prince George's County at the New Carrollton Metro Stop.
Occasional travel to the Satellite Office in Baltimore City may be required.
Please read job announcement carefully. Minimum and Selective Qualifications are required; if you do not meet the criteria you will not be considered for this position.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Working knowledge of and experience with nonprofit organizations, foundations or government program administration highly desirable
- Ability to analyze data and express analysis as written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with life-cycle grants management, workflow and process management, and grants accounting within government
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for the recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
The Department offers a flexible work schedule, telework and job sharing options; training, advancement and career path opportunities; casual business dress on Fridays and competitive salary. There is also ample free parking at the Department.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to: Mr. Drew Holcombe, Department of Housing & Community Development Office of Human Resources, 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Drew Holcombe, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name Last
- 4 of SS#
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment#
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps.
For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7546.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.