DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER II
|Department||DJS Central Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||3/15/2017 11:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Main Purpose of Job
A DJS Residential Group Life Manager II is one of two levels of managerial work providing supervision and guidance to youth residing in a facility operated by the Department of Juvenile Services.
The Department of Juvenile Services is accepting applications to fill a vacant DJS Residential Group Life Manger II position at the Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School. The position will direct the supervision of all group life activities at the Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School ensuring the care and custody of all assigned youth. The DJS Residential Group Life Manager II supervises DJS Residential Group Life Manager I positions. The ideal candidate will have experience supervising adults who work in a secure juvenile setting.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
Notes: 1. The educational and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Candidates may substitute an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience supervising adults who work in a secure juvenile setting.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course for DJS staff required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate within 365 days of initial appointment or placement in this classification according to Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.03. Employees are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article of the Maryland Annotated Code, Section 8-209, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. The Certified Eligible list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Applications that do not include a completed supplemental questionnaire will be considered incomplete and may be subject to disapproval.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.