DJS PROGRAM SPECIALIST
Equity Programs Coordinator
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||10/5/2017 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Department of Juvenile Services
System Reforms Unit
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience providing case management or resource specialist services to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Correctional Institution Administration classifications or Correctional Institution Administration specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Minimum of three years of experience partnering and coordinating juvenile services with community- based programs, services and treatment plans including juvenile justice agency officials, the juvenile court, prosecutors and defenders to ensure racial, gender and equity for youth in the juvenile justice system.
2. Minimum of one year experience with use of juvenile justice and/or public safety data to guide reform strategies and monitor juvenile justice trends.
3. Knowledge of the juvenile justice system and barriers to racial and gender equity.
4. Demonstrated experience developing and facilitating training on juvenile justice topics, including community and/or family engagement
Please be sure to reflect in the supplemental questionnaire and application accessed via the links below how you meet the preferred qualifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|