SENIOR DATA ANALYST
|Department||DPSCS General Administration|
|Date Opened||12/1/2017 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/15/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Eltaray McCullough|
LOCATION OF POSITION
300 East Joppa Road, Ste. 1000
Towson, MD 21286
Main Purpose of Job
Performs complex programming and analysis for the Division of Correction population dataset, utilizing Departmental automated databases, in fulfillment of scheduled and ad hoc requests.
Completes all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual scheduled reports on time, and maintains distribution contacts.
Determines requirements for ad hoc data requests, and extracts, organizes, and analyzes data in reports as necessary.
Designs and develops statistical charts, graphs, data summaries, and other presentations for various governmental officials, agency managers, academic researchers, and members of the public.
Interprets and presents information to management and other staff with recommendations on data use and limitations.
Prepares and submits mandated statistical surveys to federal agencies, including Bureau of Justice Statistics and Bureau of the Census.
Provides advice to researchers and other outside agencies regarding data maintained by Department in response to specific inquiries.
Identifies and troubleshoots problems with queries and syntax.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicant must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience using one or more of the following programs
· IBM Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
· Oracle Structured Query Language (SQL) Developer
· Structured Query Language (SQL) development in other applications such as; Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports or ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required
One year of experience using macros or data visualization tools in Microsoft Excel.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: E. McCullough
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309 Baltimore, MD 21215 For more information, please call 410-585-3087
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland RelayWe thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|