|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||2/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kim Williams|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 200,000 active members and more than 150,000 retires and beneficiaries.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 East Baltimore Street Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
This position will serve as the Payroll/Audit Education Manager and be the primary point of contact between the Agency and the financial, accounting and payroll professionals employed by a participating employer. The participating employers are responsible for timely and accurate reporting of retirement payroll data for each individual who is a member of the State Pension System (the System). Over 150 governmental employers participate in the System with current membership of approximately 270,000 individuals for whom the participating employers remit pension payroll data on a bi-weekly basis.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience creating, updating and maintaining training manuals and materials;
2. Experience delivering training presentations to medium to large groups, as well as one-on-one sessions;
3. Experience presenting information to management level staff;
4. Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills;
5. Experience reviewing reports and other documents for compliance;
6. Experience serving as a company liaison with external groups.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For inquires about this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.