ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Property Management Specialist
|Department||DPSCS-Operations and Administration|
|Date Opened||12/22/2017 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sharon Taylor|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Resolves user and system related issues reported to OPM via eIMS Help Desk as the primary liaison with business users for software functionality, using expertise and instructing users on policies and procedures associated with the DGS and OPM requirements for materials and supplies for inventory management. Obtain and convey concise problem information for users and the development team. Provide accurate and timely logging of problems, advanced trouble shooting, and the escalation of problems to ITCD's project manager for development team assistance as needed. Maintain communication with users during the problem resolution process.
Monitors and reports compliance by developing and maintaining accurate, useful, and timely information regarding cost, use, location and allocation of the Department of Corrections, Patuxent Institution and Department Pretrial Detention Service for the purpose of reporting to the highest acting authority for each Agency's issues that may cause audit exceptions and recommends corrective action plans. Actively performs as a member on DOC's Audit Compliance Team proving preliminary evaluation steam and report's findings to the Assistant Commissioner of Administration and the Director of Property Management.
Recruits and trains Dedicated Count Teams, consisting of 8 to 15 DOC employees, to perform mandatory inventories for the Department. Develop cycle counting requirements and maintain scheduling for each facility, with staff authority for the workforce assignments, for completion of fiscal yearend reporting to DGS through OPM. Accompany Count Teams for periodic physical inventories to ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
- One year of ATrack experience
- One year of experience using Enterprise Inventory Management System (eIMS)
- One year of work experience using Microsoft Office System (advance experience)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
To submit you’re qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you're unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement..
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have interned access, please mail your application by the closing date to :
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Sharon Taylor
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3561
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply
45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll Free (800) 705-3493