ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Inventory Compliance Auditor
|Department||DGS Facilities of Procurement and Logistics|
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.83 - $22.92/hour hiring range|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is in the Inventory Standards & Support Services Division of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS), located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to conduct inventory compliance audits for the State of Maryland in accordance with policies and procedures outlined in the DGS Inventory Control Manual.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- monitor State agency compliance with State property inventory standards and procedures for tracking physical inventories of equipment and identify deficiencies and problems.
- develop reports and draft other narratives to document findings, explain procedures, respond to other audit findings and produce any other written correspondence that may be necessary.
- take corrective action when deficiencies are identified and enforce compliance with procedures.
- ensure State agencies adequately account for and control State property.
- monitor and review audit reports for State agencies to identify particular problems and follow-up to assist the agency in getting back on track.
- conduct unannounced spot audits of inventory procedures to ensure compliance with the standards and policies.
- assist in drafting new procedures and manuals as necessary.
- train agency property managers in implementing the program.
- provide outreach and assistance to agency property managers to ensure proper compliance.
This position is open to applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualification(s) listed below. A selective qualification recruitment is conducted for positions when there is a specific or additional bona fide occupational qualification (i.e. knowledge, skill, or ability) required.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
One year of the above required experience must have included duties conducting compliance audits.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Working knowledge of the State's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is preferred.
Experience involving inventory compliance audits is highly desired.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to applicants willing to accept contractual employment in Baltimore City, Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle to travel to sites across the State. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees may need to shift furniture or equipment in order to access inventory tag information.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
To submit additional information, please upload an attachment to your application.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 for questions about this recruitment.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Room 1207, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity, as an equal opportunity employer.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|