|Department||MIL Army Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||9/27/2017 7:36:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Installs, repairs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Overhauls and replaces compressors, pumps, motors and other component parts.
- Completes work orders, maintenance logs and other reports to track and document work performed.
Experience: Four years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and equipment at commercial or residential buildings or other facilities.
1. Graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a concentration in refrigeration and air conditioning may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Engineman or Utilitiesman classifications or Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration; Utilities Equipment Repairer; Utilities Chief; or Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician specialty codes in the air-conditioning/refrigeration maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the disposing or servicing of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess technician certification from an approved Environmental Protection Agency certifying organization as required by section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification who are designated as Level I or Level II employees shall attend and successfully complete the appropriate asbestos safety and health training as required by Executive Order 0l.01.1987.22.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of candidates eligible for hire.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION . Online application process is STRONGLY recommended. The paper application must be received by 5:00 P.M., on the closing date of the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If online access is unavailable, you may submit the paper application to:
Maryland Military Department
Fifth Regiment Armory
29th Division Street, Rm. B10
Baltimore, MD 21201
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.