PARK SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Herrington Manor State Park
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||3/8/2017 12:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Charles Hecker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States, you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html with the application.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in forestry, forest management, natural resources management, parks and recreation, business administration, education, history, or a related natural science from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience supervising personnel engaged in park or forest operations work.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience, to one year of education, for up to four years of the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute additional experience in park or forest operations work at the rate of two years for each year of the required supervisory experience.
3. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in forestry, forestry management, nature resources management, parks and recreation, business administration, education, history, or a related natural resources field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in general inspection, investigation, enforcement, and compliance classification or general inspection, investigation, enforcement, and compliance specialty codes in the inspection, investigation, enforcement, and compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
• Professional experience in supervising park operations and employees in a Maryland State Park is preferred.
• Three years of professional field-level experience working in a park setting is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are preferred.
• Experience in budget and personnel management is preferred.
• Experience in managing and maintaining park facilities and grounds is preferred.
• Experience working with community and government agency partners is preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours day.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to assignment in any county in the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee may be required to reside in the county or region assigned.
3. Employees in this classification must be trained in First Responder Training or other equivalent first aid training
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.