NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST I
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Tidewater|
|Date Opened||6/6/2017 8:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html with the application.
Education: A degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university.
1. Professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
1. One year of experience performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management.
2. Knowledge and experience of techniques used to assess the effectiveness of stream restoration or the ecological health of large rivers.
3. Knowledge and experience with the ecological sampling of freshwater streams including the use of electrofishing techniques, as well as the assessment of stream physical habitat quality, geomorphology, water quality, and land use.
4. Knowledge and experience of the ecology and taxonomy of stream fishes, benthic macroinvertebrates, herpetofauna, crayfishes, and freshwater mussels.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.