Long Term Contractual Licensing & Registration Technician 1
Cumberland Service Center
|Department||DNR - Licensing & Registration Services|
|Date Opened||11/30/2017 11:08:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
Long Term Contractual
One (1) vacancy; part-time
Contract period: One (1) year contract with possibility of renewal
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of bookkeeping or non-professional accounting or customer service related work.
1. Customer service related work may include experience in public contact areas, such as wholesale or retail sales.
2. Candidates may substitute experience involving titling and registering boats and issuing hunting and fishing licenses and permits on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Compliance Inspection and Support classifications or Compliance Inspection and Support specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience involving titling and registering boats and issuing Hunting and Fishing licenses and permits
• Experience working in an office setting
• Experience working in an environment where assigned tasks vary and workload fluctuates
• Experience with data entry, working independently, internet, and using a 10-key calculator
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment, and report all experience and education that is related to this position. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will proceed to the next phase of evaluation.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|