MILITARY AIRPORT FIREFIGHTER PROVISIONAL, I and II
|Department||MIL Air Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||11/7/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Trainee-$36,557, FF I-$38,880, FF II-$41,358|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience performing fire rescue and fire suppression work.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to obtain a United States Air Force Motor Vehicle Operator's card during training.
3. Employees in this classification that operate vehicles on runways or taxiways are required to complete vehicle training an annual renewal of vehicle operation clearance for the Movement Area of Martin State Airport.
4. Employees in this classification must possess the following certifications from the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress or the Department of Defense (DOD) program at the time of application:
Hazardous Materials Incidents – Awareness
Hazardous Materials Incidents – Operations
American Heart Association certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Health Care Provider
National Incident Management Systems (ICS-100b, 200b, 700a, 800b)
5. Employees in this classification must successfully complete the Airport Firefighter and Emergency Medical Responder certifications within six months of appointment. Employees who fail to obtain the above certifications will be subject to disciplinary action up to an including termination.
1. Employees must have successfully completed Fire Protection Apprentice Specialist course or other equivalent fire protection course.
2. Employees will be required to obtain a government Secret security clearance.
3. Candidates will be required to pass an annual medical examination to determine their physical ability to perform the job in accordance with National Fire Protection Standard 1582, Standards on Medical Requirements for Firefighters.
4. Employees in this classification may be required to take the physical fitness test and pass an annual medical examination to determine their physical ability to perform the job in accordance with National Fire Protection Standard 1582, Standards on Medical Requirements for Firefighters.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
6. Employees in this classification may be subject to State and federal background investigations.
7. Employees in this classification are "Essential Employees", are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Military Department at 410-234-3838.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|