ELECTION INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||7/6/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sylvia Brown|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Carroll County Board of Elections. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill this position/function only. Persons interested in future vacancies in the Election Information Systems Specialist classification will need to reapply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Carroll County Board of Elections
300 S. Center Street
Westminster, MD 21157
Main Purpose of Job
Learn, implement and train for all software and hardware used by the Board of Elections: Cross-functional impact between State and County IT department for all problems dealing with microcomputers, network servers and printers. Oversees installation of microcomputers, printers and related equipment. Coordinate and organize the testing of all microcomputer equipment. Plan, coordinate and conduct formal and informal training for microcomputer users. Assist microcomputers users with daily operations for Local Board of Elections. Also performs other essential duties for the successful operation of an election office.
Manage system security to ensure no tampering with microcomputer systems and software for voting units as well as the voter registration database;
Develop, implement, and manage new and revised microcomputer information service policies, procedures, and standards;
Process public inquires timely and accurately in conjunction with all statistical data via e-mail, postal mail, or in person, as well as all election related inquires including developing compact discs, lists and labels for all public service request;
Prepare and oversee the preparation of inventory control proceedings for State Board owned equipment and software on location in County Board of Elections' office;
Assist and/or administer Election Judges program to recruit, assign job positions, conduct instruction classes and generate correspondence;
Manage and maintain election judge process on current computerized registration system;
Conduct training to end users in the operations of election systems technology, software applications used in the office and basic computer operations;
Maintain accurate information on local election board website and maintain the interface with the State Board of Elections website;
Organize and coordinate the programming and testing of voting equipment in accordance with established election information systems procedures;
Perform daily and weekly back-ups of all multi-purpose systems.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining microcomputer hardware and software.
1. Eighteen (18) credit hours in computer information technology, programming or networking from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Completion of a certification program in computer programming for personal computers, local or wide area networks or troubleshooting such as Microsoft Certified Professional or an equivalent program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Additional experience in computer programming; implementing, troubleshooting or supporting local or wide area networks; installing and troubleshooting personal computers or evaluating, implementing or maintaining personal computer hardware and software may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in managing system security to ensure no tampering with microcomputer systems and software;
Experience preparing and overseeing the preparation of inventory control proceedings for equipment and software on location;
Experience conducting training to end users in the operations of software applications and computer operations.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Carroll County, MD.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualification supplement or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6486
Annapolis, MD 21401-0486
For questions or emailing additional documentation, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For faxing additional documentation, please send to 410-974-5126.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
TYY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.