ELECTION DATA APPLICATION SPECIALIST II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||10/30/2017 7:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sylvia Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore County Board of Elections
11112 Gilroy Road, Suite 104
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Main Purpose of Job
Registration Maintenance & Election Management:
Responsible for voter registrations to include: Daily mail, applicant requests, MVA, SSA, DHMH, JIS, AOC,ERIC, and OLVR;
Administer transfer to and from 24 local Election Boards and throughout the United States, duplicate voters and voter list in accordance with the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), COMAR, and Annotated Code of Maryland (Article 33).
Assist with maintenance and upgrading of Voting Equipment, Electronic Poll Books, and various other election equipment;
Perform Logic and Accuracy testing;
Maintain inventory records and activity of voting equipment;
Assist with deployment and supplies.
Assist with mass mailings, petitions, redistricting, verifications, voter education, judges classes (traveling, training, delivering machines, and etc.), canvass election, packing judges supplies, and surveys;
Attend various meeting and/or seminars prepared and promptly.
Receive, maintain and update Voter Registration list;
Maintain and secure files daily;
Prepare and process batches;
Assist with the preparation and the conduct of elections to meet all deadlines to include but not limited to: Processing Voter Registration, Absentee Ballots, Provisional Ballots, record retention, statistics, reports, certificates, proclamations and other information in accordance with Local, State, and Federal Laws.
Represent the office with a professional and positive image towards all customers (internally and externally);
Provide requested assistance and information in a prompt and courteous manner;
Communicate in a helpful and informative manner to maintain good public relations - Daily while performing all duties as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in the operation of data entry devices.
1. Specialized, documented training in data processing may substitute for six months of the required experience.
2. General clerical experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Computer Clerk and Assistant classifications or Computer Clerk and Assistant specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in the operation of data entry devices in an election office during a presidential or gubernatorial election in the State of Maryland.
Experience interacting with the general public or with co-workers in an office setting.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
State Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6486 Annapolis, MD 21404
For questions or to email additional information, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Fax additional information, please fax to 410-974-5126.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by contacting email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.