OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||12/29/2017 4:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Lazard|
This recruitment will be used to fill various contractual positions statewide throughout the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. Please be sure to indicate on your application the City and/or County you are willing to accept employment.
The resulting eligibility list will be used for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Enters updates, verifies, and retrieves data using computer database or spreadsheet software applications;
- Functions as an entry-level intake reviewer who interviews and collects legal and demographic information from newly released offenders or new probationers;
- Performs front desk reception duties by answering calls and greeting visitors to the office, and arranges appointments;
- Maintains important and confidential files, records, schedules, time sheets, schedules, and office supplies;
- Opens/sorts/reads/distributes incoming correspondence;
- Updates and maintains files, logs, shedules, rosters and records;
- Types correspondence, reports, schedules, and other material using a computer; and
- Assists with the collection of urinalysis/drug testing and associated paperwork for the office.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year experience in front desk receptionist and customer service duties (i.e. greeting the public, responding to inquiries, scheduling of appointments, and entering data into varied computer systems).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
To submit qualifying documents, the preferred method is to upload them using the online application; however, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (enclose a cover sheet with your contact information, position name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed).
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing an application.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination ATTN: Jennifer Lazard
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309 Baltimore, MD 21215
We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. If you have any questions about this recruitment, please email: email@example.com
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.