OFFICE PROCESSING CLERK I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Spec Educ/Early Intervent Svcs|
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,056.00 - $37,204.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
- Organizes annual compliance monitoring schedule for all Medicaid reviews; and prepares notification of monitoring visits for provider community; prepares preliminary site visit agenda, supports monitoring team preparation for site visits and assists teams on-site; selects sample using established rules for randomization and diversity of paid Medicaid claims: uses Pivot table results to identify claims billed to Medicaid by service and participant; tracks sample selection over years by Medicaid provider; assembles formative and summative compliance review results by each provider and by all providers on an annual basis; and organizes findings for analysis. Assists with automation of monitoring functions.
- Copies, assembles, and distributes documents as requested by the Section Staff for monitoring, correspondence, statewide, and regional conferences and workshops sponsored by the Branch.
- Triggers standard reports from the existing Autism Waiver System Software. ·
- Prepares and organizes materials for emailing, bulk mailings, scanning, faxing, and storing documentation.
- Assists with preparing documents for federal compliance reviews as necessary.
- Monitors secure server transfer of information. Assists with verification of intergovernmental transfer amounts, assists with grant award preparation.
- Shreds documents and prepares files for storage. Design and track files in storage. Assists with preparation of case files involving disputes/resolutions. Maintains transmittals to providers on policy guidance.
- Assists with filing compliance monitoring documents and with response to compliance appeals from providers. Assists with sub-recipient monitoring.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Six months of experience typing correspondence, reports, charts or other documents from rough draft, corrected copy or oral instruction on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience typing or performing other clerical duties on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a minimum of five courses or six months of clerical training in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
3 months of Microsoft Excel experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite & Google Documents Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience maintaining alpha/numeric files
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Maryland State Department of Education
Office of Human Resources
C/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Office Processing Clerk I 36471– (JobAps#:17-001369-0002). Fax: 410-333-8950 – This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only.
For immediate consideration, please submit your application materials by October 13, 2017.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.