NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST IV
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||12/6/2017 10:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland Department of Natural Resources employees only.
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Natural Resources, Fishing and Boating Services. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html prior to hire.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology or a natural resources management related field of study.
Experience: Five years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Additional professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education beyond a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study as described above at the rate of 15 graduate credits for one year of the required experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Working knowledge of shellfish aquaculture practices in use in the Mid-Atlantic region.
• Experience processing legal documents and preparing final reports related to, legal and/or environmental assessments.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.