AGENCY PROCUREMENT ASSOCIATE II
|Department||DPSCS Capital Construction & Fac. Maintenance|
|Date Opened||12/7/2017 8:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Afryea Lucas|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future recruitments for the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). Applicants certified to this list will remain eligible for one year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Division of Capital Construction and Facilities Maintenance
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 201
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Main Purpose of Job
- Assists in Procurement and in Contract Administration for the Division: assembles requests for proposal and invitations for Bid Contract solicitation documents, assists in preparing non-technical contract specifications, amendments, and addenda and in reviewing and editing specifications to ensure terms and conditions are clear and consistent as requested; completes contract documents using information from source materials as requested; prepares and assembles bid/contract packages in accordance with established format, procedure and procurement laws and coordinates the printing and distribution of contract documents; Prepares correspondence notifying potential bidders of any changes in contract documents; informs contractors of bid award updates and notices in eMaryland Marketplace (eMM), and responds to inquiries from contractors and other parties regarding projects, contract, documents and schedules, and basic procurement procedures; assists in determining advertising requirements for procurement solicitation and contract awards; creates solicitations in and submits solicitation documents to eMM; additionally, responds to written questions and issues bidder’s list, pre-bid meeting minutes and addenda; assists the contract administrator in advising Architectural/Engineering Firms, construction contractors, and other bidders as to policies and procedures relating to State Procurements and contracts. The Associate assists in conducting bid openings and evaluating bids/proposals for State procurement compliance; utilizes the State MBE and DGS small business reserve databases as well as the Maryland State Financial Management Information System (FMIS) System, and the VetBiz.gov site to collect and provide information to the contract administrator for bid evaluation; prepares contract award documents for the Board of Public Works (BPW) and the Public Safety Procurement Review Board’s (PSPRB) approval and transmits these documents to the appropriate Board.
- Assists in Contract Administration for the Division: applies procurement laws and agency procurement policies and procedures relevant to the administrative duties associated with contract preparation and administration; develops, prepares and maintains automated and manual record keeping systems for vendors, procurement records, contract correspondence and associated reports; creates reports from DCCFM’s databases and updates vendor profiles; verifies Contractors certificates of insurance, and performance and payment bonds for compliance with contract requirements; verifies MBE office; prepares and transmits contract procurement documents to the Board of Public Works for award approval; utilizes FMIS/ADPOCS to create purchase orders and to facilitate the procurement process; provides support for developing and issuing contract documents for compliance with procurement and contracting regulations; confers with the State Comptroller’s Office on contract, bid and administration issues and with other State agencies concerning contract terms, conditions and requirements; creates Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Orders in the FMIS, ensuring contract compliance with the State’s eMM, MBE and Small Business Reserve Programs; responsible for management of contract files and the processing of all invoices, including entry of invoices into the Division’s database.
- Assists the Contract Administrator, and the MBE Office in verifying and processing MBE participation documents, processing the submission of Contractor’s and MBE sub-contractor’s MBE information for monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports and the MBE disparity report as required. Monitor MBE participation for compliance; and uses the MBE database to research MBE sub-contractor information.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years experience performing work involving the preparation, assembly, and processing of procurement related documents necessary in developing procurement contracts.
1. Candidates may substitute education at an accredited college or university for the required experience at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
- At least 1 year of experience performing work involving the preparation, assembly, and processing of procurement related documents necessary in developing procurement contracts for architecture/engineering, construction, or construction-related services.
- Experience with COMAR Title 21 - State Procurement Regulations
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
To submit your qualifying documents, the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; If you are unable to apply online, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Afryea Lucas
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3330.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.