AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS - Harford County DSS|
|Filing Deadline||1/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00/year with potential growth to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Harford County Department of Social Services
2 South Bond Street, Suite 300
Bel Air, MD 21012
Main Purpose of Job
Please describe in detail any specific job duties relating to the minimum qualifications stated below.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. One or more years experience packaging and processing procurements using the Maryland State procurement processing system.
2. One or more years experience using the Maryland State Finance Management Information System (FMIS) system.
3. One or more years experience in writing contracts as well as evaluating contracts for efficiency and fiscal responsibility.
4. One or more years experience using Microsoft Excel to generate spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Betty Ketterman
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email: Bettyj.email@example.com.; Voice 410-767-7147, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5PM on the closing date for the recruitment. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.