FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR II
|Department||DJS Southern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||10/3/2017 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Thomas J. S. Waxter Childrens Center
375 Red Clay Road
Laurel, MD 20724
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation, of which one year must include supervising workers engaged in quantity food production or service.
1. Additional experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Additional education in the area of food service management, nutritional care, institutional administration or related area may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the non-supervisory required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer as a non-commissioned officer in Food or Culinary Specialist classifications or Food Services Manager, Services Officer, Food Service Specialist or Service Specialist specialty codes in the Food Production or Service field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Three years experience in food production or service in an institutional setting such as hospitals, nursing homes, universities or correctional facilities.
2. Possession of a Degree in nutritional care, institutional administration or related area.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if online access is not available, you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of your current license to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your first and last name, recruitment number that is located at the top of this bulletin and the last 4 digits of your social security number. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Mail paper application to:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number: 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.