REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR PSYCHIATRIC
*** REPOSTED ***
|Department||DHMH Eastern Shore Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||8/12/2016 4:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 to $64,902.00/yr. with potential growth to $80,078.00/yr.|
|HR Analyst||Steven Elmore|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Eastern Shore Hospital Center, Cambridge, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide the hospital community (patients and staff) with a licensed professional nurse to assure that the continuity of care, quality and quantity are maintained through supervision, delegation, assignment and intervention. This registered nurse position provides expert clinical knowledge in accordance with professional nursing standards and administrative knowledge in accordance with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and Eastern Shore Hospital Center policies/procedures and standards.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a registered nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the option for which application is made.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.