RE-POST CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER I Refrigeration Mechanic
|Department||DPSCS-North Branch Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||4/20/2017 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/5/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sharon Grant|
CANDIDATES THAT APPLIED FOR THE PREVIOUS RECRUITMENT WHICH CLOSED ON 11/23/2016, PLEASE DO NOT REAPPLY YOUR APPLICATION REMAINS VALID
The Correctional Maintenance Officer I, Refrigeration Mechanic is the entry level of work involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmates in maintenance and repair work in a correctional environment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Vacancies currently exists at the following correctional institutions:
Western Correctional Institution, Cumberland, Md. (Allegany County) Cumberland Maryland is over 90 miles west of Baltimore City.
Baltimore City - All facilities
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE THE AREA(S) WHERE YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT ON THE APPLICATION
Main Purpose of Job
Maintains control and discipline among the inmate helpers by enforcing safety, sanitary, custody and security regulations; perform searches of inmates for concealment of drugs, weapons, tools, equipment and other unauthorized items; prepare reports for infractions; subdue and restrain inmates during fights, riots and escape attempts; attends required Correctional Officer training courses.
Assigns maintenance or repair tasks to designated inmates in the Refrigeration Mechanic, HVAC trade; instructs inmates in the proper methods and techniques for using and caring for tools, machinery and equipment; trains inmates in the performance of their assigned tasks; inspects all work performed by assigned inmates for adherence to trade standards and applicable codes; operates manual, electrical or electronic tools and equipment.
PERFORMANCE OF TRADE
Develops job contract cost estimates and the amount of man-hours, materials and supplies needed for repairs on specific projects; maintains records of materials and supplies used; inputs and maintains equipment history on the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Two years of experience in the option for which application is made (refrigeration/hvac maintenance, repair, installation).
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland prior to permanent appointment. Some positions in this classification may require the operation of a motor vehicle for the transportation of inmates or supplies. Employees assigned such duties will be required to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver's license.
2. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
3. Employees classified in the Refrigeration Mechanic option may be assigned duties which require the disposing or servicing of air-conditioning, including dietary freezers and other refrigeration equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess technician certification from an approved Environmental Protection Agency certifying organization as required by Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
Candidates must attach a copy of their Technician Certification as stated above with the completed application.
1. Selection standards for correctional officer certification are established by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online applications are strongly encouraged. If no internet access, mail a Maryland State application to:
DPSCS-Recruitmet Examination and Retention Unit
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
Attn: S. Grant
If you prefer to fax an application and/or supporting documentation, please fax to 410-585-0570. Please provide a cover sheet with your name, the recruitment number, recruitment title and number of pages.
All applications and additional documents related to your application must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement.
For questions regarding this recruitment call: 410-585-3406
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|