MSP PILOT II
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||10/27/2016 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,400.00 - $94,219.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jay Diggs|
LOCATION OF POSITION
3023 Strawberry Point Road,
Baltimore, Maryland 21220
Main Purpose of Job
Performs searches, surveillance, photo missions, and other police missions and maintain confidentiality on police and Department related matters.
Responsible for the safe transport of victims, patients, equipment and medical personnel as required by protocol. Responsible for addressing flight safety and crew resource management issues with the SIC or any other crew member. Responsible for reporting flight safety and crew resource management issues directly to the Section Supervisor, Section Instructor Pilot and MSP Chief Pilot.
Responsible for operation of the aircraft both in the air and on the ground. Present during all ground handling operations. Responsible for having the proper type and amount of fuel on board the aircraft at all times.
Preflight and Post-flight of Aircraft and Associated Equipment - At all times, has the necessary equipment and aircraft available to respond to requests for service. Shall preflight the aircraft in accordance with the preflight section of the aircraft’s checklist. Ensures that he has the proper up-to-date charts for his area of responsibility and for surrounding areas. Conducts Post-flight the aircraft after each flight in accordance with the aircraft’s checklist. Obtains a full weather briefing completing the Command weather information form in its entirety. Obtains as necessary, sufficient weather information to ensure that the original weather briefing is staying valid. Shall be the final responsibility of the PIC to accept or decline a mission on the basis of current and forecasted weather.
Satisfactorily completes the initial and recurrent training to MSPAC standards.
Completes flight operation logs, aircraft logs and other paperwork required by the MSPAC and Maryland State Police.
Assists in cleaning of aircraft, to include waxing, when determined necessary by the Aviation Command’s Commander. Ensures work areas are clean and presentable to the public at all times. Performs tasks assigned by the Commander, Director of Flight Operations, MSP Chief Pilot or MSP Instructor Pilot such as assisting in Aviation Recruitment programs or acting in the capacity as the SIC.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two thousand helicopter flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot.
Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Naval Aviation Pilot classifications or Rotary Wing Aviator, Pilot, or Pilots/Naval Flight Officers specialty codes in the Piloting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a FAA Commercial Helicopter certification.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Physical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter Rating as determined by FAA regulations and required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Applicants for positions with the Department of Maryland State Police will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to: Maryland State Police Aviation Command 3023 Strawberry Point Road Baltimore, MD 21220 ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs Jay.firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|