ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE 
Division of Neighborhood Revitalization
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||12/2/2015 1:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/16/2015 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Nikeya Elliott|
This is a contractual position with limited benefits.
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing of affordable housing and revitalizing communities. This is an opportunity to join this nationally-recognized, award-winning organization and apply your skills to this high public purpose and challenging area. Annually, DHCD finances approximately 2,700 units of multifamily rental housing in 40 properties, amounting to $350 million in construction and permanent financing. Funding comes from a variety of sources, including state-appropriated funds, taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds, federal low income housing tax credits, federal HOME funds and other federal funds. Additionally, DHCD administers rental assistance programs and innovative initiatives designed to expand affordable housing opportunities for persons with disabilities, increase the energy efficiency and sustainability of affordable multifamily developments, and preserve rental housing.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
- Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of one year’s experience working in a government or nonprofit setting preferred.
- Candidates should have excellent software and communications skills.
- Especially desirable is experience coordinating calendars in Google Mail and Outlook, working with Gmail and Google Drive, and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Experience with database management in Microsoft Access.
- Experience working with grant programs highly desirable.
- Experience interpreting legal documents in an office setting.
- Professional experience with bookkeeping systems
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
DHCD offers a flexible work schedule and job sharing options, training, advancement and career path opportunities, casual business dress on Fridays, and a competitive salary.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to: Nikeya Elliott Department of Housing & Community Development Office Human Resources, HR Generalist 7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Nikeya Elliott HR Generalist
- Your First and Last name
- Last 4 of SS#
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in the position and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.