Team Lead, Application Development
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with experience.|
|HR Analyst||Tracey Dailey|
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for leading application development projects and supporting production applications for the Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA). Job duties include, but are not limited to, providing leadership and guidance to programmer analysts to ensure successful delivery of development projects while maintaining the highest level of availability for operational systems. The Team Lead, Application Development is also responsible for interacting with MIA business units to identify technology recommendations to improve operations, collect and document business requirements for system enhancements and to assist users with application testing and training.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
PMI certification is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and skills with the following:
- Application development methodologies
- Project Management
- Requirements analysis
- Application design and development
- Database design
- Application testing
- System documentation
- Operational support of production applications and data
- Change Management processes
Expertise working with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server Operating System
- Apache Web Server
- Java J2EE, JSP
- Microsoft .NET
- Sybase DBMS
- SQL Server DBMS
- SQL programming
- Crystal Reports and / or Business Objects
- Document Management systems
- Workflow Automation systems
Previous experience with the following is highly desired:
- Strategic technology planning
- Financial management for technology projects
- Supervisory responsibilities for technology resources
- Insurance industry
For immediate consideration, you MUST upload a single document at the "Resume" tab that contains:
1) a cover letter stating your interest;
2) salary history;
3) specific salary requirements; and
4) a current professional resume.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit via mail. Please be sure to include all documents listed above to ensure timely processing.
Complete application packets may be mailed to:
Maryland Insurance Administration
Human Resources - Recruitment#: 13-009644-001
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
Incomplete submission will not receive consideration.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.