REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL
|Department||DJS Southern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||3/4/2013 1:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Kia Brown|
By law, DJS is a child-serving agency responsible for assessing the individual needs of referred youth and providing intake, detention, probation, commitment, and after-care services. DJS collaborates with youth, families, schools, community partners, law enforcement, and other public agencies to coordinate services and resources to contribute to safer communities.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Registered Nurse Supervisor-Medical position is responsible for the leadership, direction, and implementation of appropriate health services for the adolescents at the MD. Department of Juvenile Services' facility. The Registered Nurse Supervisor-Medical position is responsible for providing leadership within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act, DJS Standards, policy, procedure, and protocol.
The Registered Nurse Supervisor-Medical is a supervisory position that provides medical nursing care at the DJS committed or detained facilities operated by the Maryland Department of Juvenile Services. The position provides supervision to lower-level Registered Nurses and other assigned licensed and non-licensed nursing care staff. The Registered Nurse Supervisor-Medical responsibilities will include supervising, planning, directing, and delivery of health care services in order to ensure consistent levels of care to the youth.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a registered nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the option for which application is made.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have experience providing medical services to a pediatric or adolescent population.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of the license is to be faxed to 410-333-4188-Attn: Kia Brown
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be admitted to the evaluation for this classification. Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Juvenile Services at 410-230-3454.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred.
If you are unable to apply on line you may fax a paper application and copy of current nursing license to:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Fax number 410-333-4188
Attn: Kia Brown
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|