Special Assistant to the Insurance Commissioner - Contractual
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||10/24/2012 4:29:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Hourly rate commensurate with experience.|
|HR Analyst||Tracey Dailey|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be responsible, under the direction of the Commissioner and other members of senior staff, for producing high quality written projects such as legislative reports, special orders, legislation, and regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as organizational lead and working with all divisions to gather key data and documents necessary to produce assigned reports, orders, and other written communications.
- Assisting the Commissioner and members of the senior staff in preparing and drafting proposed legislation.
- Drafting insurance rules and regulations according to prescribed legal guidelines and elements of style.
- Providing support to members of senior staff for preparation, review, and editing of written communication (Internet, templates, business communications and other written communication) for content, clarity, and accuracy.
- Preparing for and participating in meetings to discuss topics related to specific writing projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Juris Doctorate Degree, Member of the Maryland Bar
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrated superior legal writing, drafting, editing, and verbal communication skills.
Applicant should be a member of the Maryland bar with experience in legal writing, civil litigation, administrative law, or related experience.
Work experience involving State public policy, the court system, or the state legislative process.
Experience working collaboratively and effectively with others.
Experience in insurance law or insurance industry regulation a plus.
This is a contractual position with no state-paid benefits. The incumbent filling this position may purchase healthcare insurance at the state’s group rate.
Incomplete submission will not receive consideration.