Senior Network Engineer
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||11/16/2012 11:06:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with experience.|
|HR Analyst||Tracey Dailey|
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent State agency that regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects Maryland consumers. There are approximately 1,600 insurance companies and more than 135,000 insurance producers (agents and brokers) that conduct business in the State of Maryland and that impact Maryland citizens who purchase insurance products. Through the diligence of a highly professional staff, the MIA works to facilitate a strong insurance marketplace where consumers are well informed and treated fairly.
Main Purpose of Job
Working in a team environment in the Management Information Systems Unit, the Senior Network Engineer functions as an advanced level technical resource for the Network Services and Computer Support Group. The Senior Network Engineer acts as Lead Network Analyst for the design, management and operation of the network, maintains server and network devices, and maintains software and management systems to monitor network devices and systems. Acts as MIA vendor contact for network communications equipment, and is proficient with industry specific products and services. Administers standalone and network security policies. Completes special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems OR CNE, MCSE or CCNA designations.
Experience: Six (6) years in network design, implementation, routers, server set up and configuration.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of MS2003 & MS2008 Server, Novell E-Directory/MS Active Directory, SUSE Linux, IP Addressing, Fire Walls, IDP/IPS and 1 gigabit Networks.
- Ability to select and administer resources and ability to manage projects required.
- Knowledge of managed wireless technology a plus.
- Experience working with Cisco networks, Novell ZCM, VOIP, EMC SAN, Console1, IManager, IPrint, GroupWise, Network Shares and other management utilities is preferred.