ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM MANAGER I
Assistant Director for Local General Administration
|Department||DHR - Wicomico County DSS|
|Date Opened||4/20/2017 3:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/4/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $77,699.00/year with potential growth to $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Deenna Greene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Wicomico County Department of Social Services
201 Baptist Street Suite 27
Salisbury MD 21801
Main Purpose of Job
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Business Administration, Public Policy, Public Administration or a related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year to year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Masters Degree in Business, Business Administration, Public Policy, Public Administration or a similar field.
- Experience in planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization to accomplish the goal.
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets, Procurement, Quality Improvement and Emergency Management.
- Advanced Knowledge of software programs for basic research purposes and monitoring of programs, such as Excel and Access.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you are in State service and are a promotional candidate, your salary will be determined in accordance with the State of Maryland Salary Guidelines.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 410-767-7414.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. This office, with your approval, will verify your prior applicable work experience. In order to receive full consideration for time worked, please complete dates of employment in its entirety and identify number of hours worked for each entry. College transcripts are not required for review of your application and do not need to be forwarded. Please clearly indicate your college degree and majors on your application. If selected for an interview, you will be required to bring an official transcript with you. For all foreign education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service if selected for an interview.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred; however, the paper application may be submitted to: DHR/Employment Services Division, attn: D. Greene, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 131, Baltimore MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 p.m. close of business on the closing date of the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. The previous Maryland State application (MS-100) will not be accepted.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|