DENTIST III, RESIDENTIAL
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - State Operated Fac|
|Date Opened||4/20/2017 3:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,362.00 - $75,711.60/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
300 N. Gay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Three years of experience in the practice of dentistry with two years of the required experience in an institutional setting or a public health program.
Note: 1. A Master’s degree in public health may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. More than three years post residency clinical experience in an institutional setting or a public health program.
2. At least one year experience in the practice of pediatric dentistry working with adolescents.
Please address in the Supplemental Questionnaire accessed via the link below how you meet the Preferred Qualifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates as issued by the Federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|