POLICE OFFICER II (Part-Time)
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||8/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/26/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31.45 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Barrett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
•Evaluate the Commission's site to assess safety and security factors and to recommend changes or enhancements that may increase safety and security of people and property.
•Observe persons entering and exiting the Commission site for the purpose of detecting situations and/or individuals, that may imperil life, safety, and property.
•Provide a security presence in a hearing room, as required, during a proceeding where a Commissioner or party to a case believes that one or more individuals expected to appear during the hearing has the potential to be disruptive or to pose a threat to himself/herself, themselves, or others
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Six months of experience as a certified law enforcement officer.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in Protective Service classifications or Law Enforcement specialty codes in the Military Police Officer field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
The following is a required qualification. Candidates MUST possess the following:
Must have a current unrestricted gun permit.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission at the time of application.
2. Applicants formerly certified by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission as a police officer within the past three years who are eligible for recertification at the time of appointment meet the certification requirement for this classification. The recertification criteria are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.07, available at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
3. Employees may be required to possess or obtain a special police commission inaccordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-209.
1. Selection standards for police officer certification are established by theMaryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following: U.S. Citizenship Must be at least 21 years of age Satisfactory background investigation, including a check of criminal history Oral interview Physical examination Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing inaccordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
As part of the hiring process, the candidate will be required to provide a criminal background check performed by the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS).
Please include with your application a photocopy of current unrestricted gun permit.
In addition, please provide detailed information on any specialized training courses taken since completion of the Police Academy.
We will review your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Workers' Compensation Commission
10 E. Baltimore Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Workers' Compensation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|