Seasonal Contractual Natural Resources Biologist I
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||8/11/2017 3:28:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/25/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
One (1) vacancy; full-time
Contract Period: September 20, 2017 - January 9, 2018
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university.
1. Professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
• Experience dissecting animals to secure tissue samples
• Experience counting or estimating numbers of cells or particles, microscopically
• Experience recording and entering data accurately to paper and digital records
• Working knowledge of laboratory chemical methods and safety procedures
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment, and report all experience and education that is related to this position. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. Your qualifications will be assessed based on the information included on your submitted application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will proceed to the next phase of evaluation.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.