OFFICE CLERK II
PART TIME DRAWING OFFICIAL
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||10/12/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Drawing Officials are instructed in the procedures that govern the operation of Maryland Lottery drawings. Upon mastering these procedures and after thorough training, officials work as part of the drawings team conducting daily and bi-weekly drawings. These drawings determine the winning lottery numbers for each of the following daily lottery games: Midday and Evening, Pick 3 and 4, Bonus Match 5, 5 Card Cash and the bi-weekly Multi-Match game. Drawing Officials are also responsible for distributing winning number information via phone, email and through computer updates.
Conducting Lottery Drawings
· Preparing drawing machines and equipment for use
· Preparing drawing documents
· Testing of machines
· Conducting drawing rehearsals
· Communicating with online vendor pre-drawings
· Conducting live drawings
· Maintaining security of drawing equipment
Confirmation and Distribution of Winning Numbers
· Confirming winning numbers with partner
· Transferring winning numbers to drawing documents
· Confirming results with online vendor
· Distributing results to lottery office and media via phone and email
· Updating winning numbers on Maryland Lottery’s website
· Updating winning numbers on Maryland Lottery’s phone recording
· Working with Drawings Manager to perfect the following of procedures
· Working with Drawings Manager to refine on-air technique
· Learning operation of lottery games subsequently added to drawing rotation
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified and Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for a least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
1800 Washington BLVD., Suite 330
ATTN: Human Resources Department
Baltimore, MD 21230
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE DATE LISTED ON THE AANOUNCEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|