Conference Center Spcl (Non-Standard Hours)
|Date Opened||1/2/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$16.96 - $17.99/hour|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County has been proudly serving children and families since 1988. The strategic focus of the Children’s Board is to provide funding to local organizations that share a common goal of providing support services to children so they can lead a healthy, safe, and productive life, allowing the whole community to thrive.
Our funded partners have clearly defined goals and outcomes that are regularly monitored for quality and performance. It is the Children’s Board vision that Hillsborough County will be recognized as one of the top five places in the nation to raise children. The Children’s Board believes our people are our greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes.
Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team!
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
In addition to the Minimum Qualifications listed below, the Children's Board is looking for candidates with at least two years of experience in hospitality services including handling room reservations and setting up both small meetings and large events.
Excellent written and verbal communications and the ability to use special skills to set up the physical organization of tables, chairs and AV equipment to support scheduled conference center events.
CBHC is seeking a friendly, outgoing, conscientious, security-minded individual. Preference is for the candidate to have a well written application with little or no grammatical errors and a stable work history.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Three or more years of experience coordinating services and personnel for special events or functions, two of which must have been in hospitality services handling room reservations and setting up both small meetings and large events; and
Possession of a valid Driver license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below; and
Possession of a valid Driver license.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of the Children's Board facilities
- Working knowledge of the type and size of support services required to staff meetings, special events and community functions
- Working knowledge of meeting preparation
- Working knowledge of safety requirements for events or functions
- Working knowledge of reservation software
- Working knowledge of audio/ visual components
- Skill in the coordination of diverse support services
- Skill in superior customer service
- Ability to work evening, weekend and day shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to deal with clients and others in stressful situations
- Ability to use a computer and related software
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provides daily set-up and break down of several conference meeting rooms to include moving tables and chairs multiple times per day as well as Audio/Visual set up and assistance.
- Supports all facilities related requests for moving office furniture, emptying trash and housekeeping.
- Inspects final setup to ensure facility is event ready, assists with essential central services such as cleaning, waste disposal, and recycling, assists with room set ups and strikes in accordance with conference center reservations.
- Responds to all CBHC Conference Center reservation requests, manages confirmed reservations, ensures that all reservations comply with procedures, coordinates reservations and assigns appropriate meeting space to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and collaborates with peers on conference center activities to ensure the smooth operation of events, functions and services to cover various areas of responsibility during daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Answers telephones, provides information on the CBHC, greets guests, shows conference rooms, assists with essential central services such as reception, answers and confirms public inquiry calls from the general public, routes callers to appropriate resources and supports their navigation with knowledge, discretion and sensitivity.
- Provides technical, and logistical support for meeting planners, event coordinators, guests, and confirmed reservation holders and assists with essential central services such as electronic e-mail/archiving.
- May serve as organizational point of contact for CBHC events including registration, promotion and logistics (name tags, registration, lists and confirmations) for specialized internal events.
- Provides support services and oversight in the absence of Supervisor of Building and Grounds, assists and provides essential central services such as security/maintenance.
- Supports and maintains Building and Conference Center data collection efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Establish List
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference CAN be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.