|Date Opened||11/17/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
One year of experience as an Electrician; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of safety requirements
- Working knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Some knowledge of basic electricity
- Some knowledge of electrical industry standards
- Some knowledge of the functions and operations of electrical equipment
- Some knowledge of the materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
- Skill in the use and care of electrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to distinguish differences in wire, cable colors, sizes and types
- Ability and willingness to be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to read and understand job related material
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely
- Performs basic work or assists higher level electricians in commercial and industrial electrical repair and modification duties such as: Installing, maintaining, altering and repairing wiring, power appliances, light machinery and electrical circuits.
- Installs, maintains and repair electric motors, generators and related electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Installs electrical fixtures and appliances.
- Performs electrical work on photoelectric calls, time clocks, electric heaters, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors and traffic counters.
- Sets up, holds, climbs, and performs electrical work from ladders, scaffolding and high lifts up to a height of 100 feet.
- Cleans work sites upon work completion.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIAL NOTE: All selected applicants for employment at the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority must successfully pass a fingerprint FBI criminal history check in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 107.209.
To apply, visit the Aviation Authority's job application page by clicking here.