Facility Manager HVAC/Mechanical Services
|Date Opened||10/6/2017 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/13/2017 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$21.25 - $34.00/hour|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from High School or GED equivalent; and
Eight years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC and mechanical systems, three years of which must have included supervisory experience in HVAC operations derived from a large public venue.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of building HVAC and mechanical systems operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the operations department
- Knowledge of CPR
- Ability to use and AED
- Ability and willingness to be in an on-call status and ability to work irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Ability to maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public in the facilities
- Ability to monitor work activities of all contract vendor services to ensure accuracy of contract billings
- Ability to provide exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others
- Ability to serve as a manager on duty
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in high places
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a non air-conditioned environment
- Ability to operate mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts, and scissor lifts
- Oversees the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the HVAC Department and provides overall administrative supervision while planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, operating, analyzing and correcting work assignments of the HVAC mechanic, mechanical and BAS controls contractor at Raymond James Stadium.
- Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by overseeing established goals for HVAC Department personnel.
- Participates in repairs and maintenance activities as required related to the repair, preventative maintenance, calibration, testing, modification and troubleshooting at the component level on heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration, life safety and BMS control systems and equipment.
- Maintains, schedules and operates mechanical, refrigeration, BAS control systems and equipment.
- Locates and corrects mechanical, refrigeration or BMS control failures and supervise the repairs.
- Plans and estimates costs of repairs on mechanical and control systems, equipment.
- Assists other departments in repairs and maintenance activities as required related to plumbing, fire monitoring systems, CCTV and Card Access control systems.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of the HVAC – Mechanical Services Department personnel and private contractors in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the HVAC – Mechanical Services Department.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, mechanical systems, building automation system, energy management system and life safety systems. Shares findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, and review and recommend equipment, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients.
- Coordinates departmental participation in the automated preventive maintenance program; ensures department compliance and maintenance of equipment/systems database.
- Attends and participates in meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business.
- Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers.
- Conducts staff meetings with staff to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings held off site.
- Coordinates, maintains and acts as a liaison with outside organizations, other governmental departments, private firms, clients, mechanical and BMS control service contractors, to include, but not limited to HVAC, building control, energy management, lighting control, electrical distribution, equipment rental, environmental agencies, construction services and other miscellaneous trades who use or repair HVAC and Mechanical Services for the facilities and events.
- Writes timely, accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases.
- Creates and codes requisitions as directed.
- Reviews and approves HVAC – Mechanical Services staff payroll, departmental purchases and contractor invoices.
- Follows all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projections; Verifies proper coding of all HVAC – Mechanical Services department requisitions to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provides event support.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts.
- Conducts and maintains performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel.
- Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues.
- Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administers discipline as required.
- Provides planning, analysis and oversight for facility capital, construction and/or renovation projects.
- Seeks out, develops, and assists in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients.
- Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provides a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required.
- Creates and maintains facility HVAC – Mechanical Services department filing system and records to ensure that all facilities department personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained.
- Performs other related duties as required.