Facility Specialist-Facilities (Cleaning Inspector)
|Date Opened||8/9/2017 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,120.00 - $47,840.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
High School graduate or GED equivalent; and
Five years of experience related to cleaning services with a minimum of 2 years of experience inspecting contracted cleaning services and/or supervising cleaning services within a large facility
Possession of a Valid Driver's License
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of cleaning services provided and performed within a large facility
- Ability to perform detail cleaning inspections and file daily cleaning reports with the use of a computer
- Knowledge of all operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations
- The Facility Specialist - Facilities shall be knowledgeable in all operational rules, procedures and programs of the Operations Department
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for tenants and the public in and around the facilities
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift over 50 lbs. and work in non-conditioned environment
- Ability to operate hand tools, electrical, mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts and tractors
- Knowledge of facility construction, maintenance and repairs
- Knowledge of horticulture maintenance, grounds, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticide application techniques including safety requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of building maintenance, building structure, systems and services such as plumbing, carpentry and, painting for a large public venue
- Ability to demonstrate a general knowledge of systems and services such as HVAC, electrical, elevators, overhead doors, paint and chemical mixing, and Life Safety, and the operation and maintenance of the same within a large public venue is preferred
- General computer knowledge.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Conduct regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds and equipment and shares findings and observations with departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, polish and efficiency, review and recommend equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to Authority and their clients
- Provide event support and custodial services as directed
- Polices facilities and grounds and collects, loads and hauls trash and debris
- Repairs and maintains plumbing, irrigation, caulking, painting, brick and cement, HVAC, custodial services, equipment maintenance, event support services, and carpentry work in and around Raymond James Stadium
- Assists in directing the work of Assistant Facility Specialists, Lead Stadium Assistants and Stadium Assistants during assigned tasks
- Perform landscaping duties including planting, fertilizing, trimming, and mowing in and around the facility
- Assist in the departmental participation in the creation and use of the automated preventive maintenance program/database
- Participate in meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business. Participate in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings to share relevant information and gain feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities and grounds for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings or maintenance held off site
- Under supervision, coordinates work with operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, HVAC, carpentry, irrigation, turf, painting, environmental agencies, pest and weed control, equipment rental, construction services and other misc. trades who frequently service the facility and events
- Creates and codes requisitions as directed
- Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports
- Perform other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
SPECIAL PROBATIONARY NOTE
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference CAN be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.