|Date Opened||6/16/2017 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,200.00 - $70,720.00/year|
|Department||Tampa Sports Authority|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
Hillsborough County (County seat of Tampa, FL) is a great place to work! Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, this region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
Hillsborough County Government is a great employer looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with the core values of commitment to excellence; stellar customer service; and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability. Our employees enjoy careers that are professionally and personally rewarding and provide competitive and reasonable compensation.
Hillsborough County Government consists of many independent agencies and thousands of employees. We provide a wide range of municipal services to the citizens of Hillsborough County, including port operations, childrens' education, arts and culture, courts, planning and zoning, public transportation, environmental protection, and employment-related services.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Facility Manager – Facilities will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, monitoring, event and facility operations to insure the maintenance and improvement of the overall appearance and integrity of the facility, building structure(s), custodial services and specific building systems to provide a superior experience to the guests of Raymond James Stadium.
The Facility Manager - Facilities shall be responsible for the, management, coordination and supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Facility Coordinator, Facility Specialists and the equipment mechanic insuring that the services are provided in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
In addition, the Facility Manager - Facilities shall assist in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures designed to promote efficiency of operation, quality of service, and a safe work environment.
Graduation from High School or GED equivalent; and
Eight years of experience in facility maintenance and repairs, three years of which must have included supervisory experience derived from a large public venue.
Graduation from a four year accredited university; and
Four years of experience in facility maintenance and repairs, three years of which must have included supervisory experience derived from a large public venue.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- The Facility Manager shall be knowledgeable in all administrative and operational rules, procedures and programs of the operations department.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, overtime, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Monitor work activities of all contract vendor services required. Ensure accuracy of contract billings.
- Develop and maintain accurate maintenance, inspection records, logs and reports for the department and the facilities.
- Position requires ability to interact with fellow employees, clients, the general public and outside vendors in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
- Maintain a high public image, positive attitude and demeanor when performing a service for customers and the general public in the facilities.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Serve as the Manager on Duty as required.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work in non-conditioned environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate mechanical and powered maintenance equipment including forklifts, high-lifts and tractors.
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance and required repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of stage productions, event preparation, maintenance practices, building structure and systems such as, plumbing, grounds, overhead doors and storm drainage derived from a large public venue.
- Ability to demonstrate a general knowledge of systems such as HVAC, electrical, elevator, and Life Safety, and the operation and maintenance of the same within a large public venue, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems.
- Oversees the day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the Facilities Department and provides overall administrative supervision while planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, analyzing and correcting work assignments of facility maintenance, custodial services, and equipment maintenance personnel and related operational activities at the Raymond James Stadium. Assures the highest quality service to all tenants by overseeing established goals for Facility Department personnel.
- Participates in repairs and maintenance activities as required. Participates and coordinates the use of Facility Department personnel in assisting the Grounds Department, Electrical, Audio and Video Departments in completing assignments as needed.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and development of all Raymond James Stadium facility personnel in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Ensures the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of formalized training and education programs for the Facilities Department.
- Conducts regular facility inspections to review facility, grounds, landscaping, equipment, personnel, general activity and shares findings and observations with other departmental managers or coordinators to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility function, efficiency, review and recommends equipment needs, supplies and materials required to provide services to the Authority and their clients.
- Coordinates departmental participation and performance in the automated preventive maintenance program; ensures department compliance and maintenance of equipment/systems database.
- Attends and participates in Authority Operations/Event planning meetings, and participates in other weekly meetings necessary for conducting internal and external business. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings with staff to share relevant information and gains feedback relating to methods to improve service to customers, both internal and external, and to insure efficient operations of the facilities for events. Attendance and/or travel may be required for meetings held off site.
- Coordinates, maintains and acts as a liaison with outside organizations, vendors, other governmental departments, private firms and clients and operational service contractors, to include, but not limited to, equipment rental, plumbing, painting, custodial, environmental agencies, pest control, construction services and other misc trades who frequently service the facilities and events.
- Writes timely, accurate bid specifications for departmental purchases. Reviews and approves facility staff payroll and departmental purchases. Follows all appropriate purchasing procedures accurately.
- Participates in budget meetings and provides input relating to expenditure projection. Verifies proper coding of all facility department purchases to ensure accurate accounting and sufficient data for appropriate planning and expenditure projecting.
- Provides leadership on continuous improvement and team building efforts. Participates in employee committees and staff meetings emphasizing team management, high morale and quality service to Authority customers. Conducts and maintains performance evaluation and professional development programs for subordinate personnel. Counsels subordinate personnel as required to manage personnel issues. Conducts internal investigations as required by any on-going disciplinary process and recommend and/or administer discipline as required.
- Seeks out, develops, and assists in the participation in industry related associations and trade shows in support of quality service to our clients. Keeps abreast of innovations, improvements in procedures, and developments within the operational aspects of our industry to seek better methods to improve efficiency, levels of service, personnel performance, and reducing operating costs.
- Provides a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and ensure compliance with all Authority policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Uses computer terminal to enter and retrieve information and prepare reports as required. Create and maintain facility department filing system and records to ensure that all facilities department personnel, equipment, and supplies are accurately maintained.
- Performs other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supplemental Questionnaire and Application Screening
- Proctored Testing (by appointment only)
- Establish List
- Department Selection Interviews*
- Background Investigation
*The Department named at the top of this job bulletin is responsible for reviewing the qualified applications on the referral list and will carefully consider all qualified submissions during the screening of candidates. You will be contacted by the department directly if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Due to the high level of interest in the position, it will not be possible to interview every minimally qualified applicant. The Department, or its Human Resources Department, will notify you, via email, when the position has been filled.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: The Civil Service Board and its client agencies value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Therefore, special consideration and priority in appointment will be given to veteran preference-eligible applicants (as described in Section 295.07, F.S.) throughout each step of the selection process.
The applicant claiming veterans' preference is responsible for providing required documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference CAN be provided at the time of application submission. Documentation can easily be provided to us electronically through this online application system (preferred), but can also be provided to us by email, fax, or USPS. However, in ALL cases, required documentation must be provided to us prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants that meet the minimum job requirements and qualify for Veterans’ Preference who believe they have not been afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law, may file a written complaint requesting an investigation with the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd, Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. The complaint must be filed within 60 calendar days from the date the applicant receives notice that s/he was not selected. Prior to filing a complaint, however, it is the responsibility of the preference-eligible applicant to contact the employer at least one time after 45 days have passed from the final date for submitting an application or the interview date, whichever is later in time, if the applicant has not received notice of a hiring decision.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit the Civil Service Board website by clicking here.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.