Chief Financial Officer
|Date Opened||3/7/2017 9:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2017 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$136,990 - $224,540 (DOQ)|
The Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) is a transportation agency of the State of Florida and owns, operates, and maintains the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway, Brandon Parkway, Meridian Avenue and the Selmon Greenway. THEA's mission is to provide safe, reliable, and financially sustainable transportation services to the Tampa Bay region.
THEA is an enterprise agency where service to its customers and community is valued. THEA reinvests 100% of its toll revenues back into the community, providing the Tampa Bay region with needed transportation choices.
The Tampa Bay region boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine, a unique cultural heritage and a diverse business climate. For both individuals and companies alike, Tampa Bay offers accessibility, affordability and opportunity.
THEA is looking for new members to join its team who are aligned with our core values of commitment to stellar customer service; emphasis on safety and service in our roadway operations and to our customers and community and embracing diversity, transparency, and accountability.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with fund accounting and enterprise fund experience is desirable.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the overall administration of internal accounting and financial matters under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. Oversees the Accounting/Finance, Contracts and Procurement, and Administrative Services offices.
Summary of duties includes:
Administers departmental activities to ensure effective utilization of human, financial, and capital resources; directly responsible for the administration of laws, rules and regulations of federal, state, and local agencies to ensure compliance of operating and capital program management.
Responsible for the financial management of programs involving federal and state grant and assistance funds, municipal revenue and bond funds, and special district revenue and bond funds; prepares, analyzes and controls budgets for administration, operation and maintenance and capital projects.
Accounting & Auditing
Responsible for the accounting of special district revenue, bond, grant and assistance funds; responsible for financial reporting; and acts as a liaison with independent auditors.
Debt Issuance & Management
Responsible for the coordination of debt issuance for the financing of capital improvement and expansion; manages debt to ensure compliance with bond covenants.
Development & Planning
Collects data, defines issues, develops strategies and acquires funding for projects related to public infrastructure and transportation.
A Bachelor’s Degree; and
Ten years of progressively responsible professional/managerial experience in Accounting, Public Finance or Budget Preparation; and
Fund Accounting and Enterprise Fund experience.
- Manages the staff of the Accounting/Finance, Contracts and Procurement, and Administrative Services offices.
- Plans, manages and supervises accounting functions and activities including disbursements, budget development and analysis, revenue accounting, and preparation of statistical and/or fiscal reports; manages related functions such as payroll, purchasing and inventory control.
- Coordinates with Director of Toll Operations to develop a budget for toll collection and operations; prepares a monthly traffic and revenue report; analyzes accounts receivable and calculates allowance for doubtful accounts; and prepares a cash flow analysis.
- Oversees the maintenance of the accounting system and the annual preparation of the financial statements.
- Develops and maintains a system of internal controls including the development and maintenance of written procedures.
- Determines the availability of funds prior to the execution of contracts and purchase agreements.
- Develops annual and long-term cash forecasts for the various funds and accounts of the Authority.
- Manages Authority investments according to the Authority’s investment policy. Ensures the funds are invested in compliance with bond covenants and arbitrage requirements.
- Prepares and recommends the plan of finance for the Authority’s Five-Year work program and long-range planning, including determining reasonable assumptions and recommending financial goals and parameters.
- Obtains financing for the Authority’s capital program and direct repayment of debt in accordance with financing terms, Board policy, governmental regulations, and industry best practices. Provide advice on meeting capital needs through the use of various financing tools.
- Directs the activities of the Authority’s finance consultants including financial advisors, underwriters and accounting and auditing; plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all financial functions including accounting, management market communications with bondholders, rating agencies and letter of credit banks; maintains relationships with the Authority’s banks and investment community; coordinates future bond financing; develops and implements debt management policies.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of the Expressway Authority.
DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE: The employers of Hillsborough County have implemented a drug-free workplace and all offers of employment are conditioned on job applicants successfully passing a drug test.
RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities.
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hillsborough County provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.